Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring!?!


 Today was a beautiful day in the Willamette Valley; sunny and close to 70. It was a perfect start to spring break and an excellent day to haul over to a friends barn to jump. Roxy started off a bit wild and after about 5 minutes I figured I would just be better off to hop off and lunge. Thankfully it took less than 15 minutes for Roxy to realize she wanted to be good. Over fences she started off pretty unsure of where to put her feet and a little rushy. The more we jumped around the better she got. It has been almost a month since I last jumped her so it was totally my fault. She jumped a new "scary" fence today and hardly looked at it! Although she does have some challenging things about her she is super brave and athletic. She is also giving me a lot of nice flying changes with out even being asked. It's pretty weird going from a horse who would rarely do changes to a horse who does them so naturally. Definitely something I could get used to. :)

Once we got home I gave her a bath. It's so nice to clean them up after the winter. She also broke her big water bucket this morning. According to the barn owner she was pawing while waiting to be fed and got her foot it in. The whole thing dumped over towards her and she stomped on it. I guess I know what I am looking for tomorrow at the Equine Expo. 

1 comment:

  1. ohhh, Miss Roxy, water tubs are not toys! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of such BEAUTIFUL weather!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!