Friday, January 14, 2011

Good horses

Today I clipped Roz's neck again. I clipped him in late October and his coat has grown out a lot since then. I was very glad to see that, as last year I clipped him and only had to do it once because his hair grew SO slowly. I was wondering if something was wrong with him....but it appears that is not the case. :) While clipping him I started to think about how many amazing things we can do with horses. It's incredible to me that we can get a roughly 1000lb animal to stand quietly while we use noisy, vibrating clippers to remove their hair!  And clipping is only the tip of the iceberg. We can teach them so many things and they will carry us almost anywhere we want to go. I for one am thankful to have the amazing opportunity to interact with these lovely animals.


This afternoon I had a great lesson on Bailey.  Bailey is a lot of fun to ride, with a big bouncy trot and a great work ethic. We worked to solidify the things we have been doing in my lessons on Rainy. Riding inside leg to a strong outside rein. This has been hard for my because I tend to be "wimpy" in my hands, and light with my leg. I need to be more active in using my legs and more firm with my hands. I am also working on have a correct position all the time. Tonight I felt some really good moments where things came together. I am looking forward to continuing to improve my riding and getting to ride some very nice horses!!! 


Thought for the day: For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. Psalms 84:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!