Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Overdue Update

Wow. A lot has been going on and I have not had enough time to update. First, Roxanne is doing well. Her udder is developing more, and she is huge! We checked her milk tonight and calcium is increasing!!! It was quiet obviously at 120 where previously it has been a little over 50. pH is holding right about the same.

Second, I had my weekly lesson on a different horse this week, Tolo. Tolo belongs to one of my good friends and she is allowing me to ride him right now. We had an excellent lesson, working on really getting him to chew the bit and coming through. He tends to wag his head so we worked on stopping that and getting him to truly accept the bit rather than bracing against it.

Tolo after a ride last week


Third, Roz got his teeth and spring shots done this weekend. Everything went well and the vet said his teeth are as good as they can be for his age. It was nice to hear that. We pulled his mane while he was still drugged which was nice. It was the perfect opportunity and we got it nice and short. He got his dancing shoes on Monday, and I took him on a short trail ride yesterday. He's such a good boy!

2 comments:

  1. Alanna! I am getting sooooo excited for Roxy to foal, even though I'm thousands of miles away! It is also something fun to think about when I'm all bogged down from studying (finals start Monday...)

    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! I'm glad you are excited too. :) Of course I will have also sorts of baby updates and PICTURES once he arrives.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!