Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Lame...

Occasionally I mention my older show horse, Rozzy Ridge. He is been on and off lame for the past few months and will probably be going to the vet soon. In February he was preparing to be used for a high school equestrian team meet and he came up lame one day after practicing over fences. We have had some consistent problems with his sad thoroughbred feet and I thought it was just due to that. We pulled him off the pasture for a while since his feet were super soggy due to continues rain. The next time he was shod the farrier found a spot where he had an abscess and I thought our problems may be solved. He was put back to work and seemed pretty good although maybe just a little stiff... He turned 19 this year and I attributed some of it to old age. Although I would prefer he never gets old I know it is going to happen.  He spent a few weeks looking pretty good and then the last couple weeks he has seemed more consistently off on the left front although it's subtle. He got his feet re-done yesterday and if he isn't sound with in the next week he is heading to the vet so we can get this all figured out!

He sure is a pretty boy 

Look at all the beautiful green grass!

Bridge? Sure!

Such a pretty head

Umm...mom? Why do you keep stopping? 

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I hope you figure it out! It can be so tricky to actually get a diagnosis for lameness, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the owner. I think I'll stick to small animals... haha :) Good luck Rozzy and Alanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm dreading spending tons of money to hear "we don't know!" But...I figure we will at least rule some stuff out along the way and maybe have a better idea if he can continue to work/jump etc.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!