Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lesson on a black and white pony

My good friend Tarra let me borrow Mystic for me lesson tonight. I had only ridden him for about 20 minutes total, prior to my lesson tonight. We first had to sort out my leg position due to him being very round and also because he is on the lazy side and I was nagging at him with my heels. Once we got that fixed a little bit we got down to business. We started working on leg yields both on a circle and down either the center line or quarter line. He hasn't done much of that but picked it up very quickly. He is super willing and doesn't put his energy in to fighting with you which is so nice! We also worked on getting him to bend, especially to the right which is our harder side. It's so frustrating to me how there are different bad habits in your riding that are ridiculously hard to get rid of! I have trouble riding to the right. I sit left and don't bring my body around correctly. I also use my right hand to do an indirect rein. I did finally "get" it tonight and actually had some much better work to the right where Mystic was bent around my inside leg, stepping with his inside hind and I was not using my right rein. There is always something to work on! :)

On another note, Pants got 3rd place in the cutest foal contest. Here is a link to the results. http://www.equinelegalsolutions.com/2011foalphotocontestwinners.html

He is growing like a weed and is now 11.2hh (we measured him tonight). He gets to do some trailer loading practice tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see how much he remembers from his last practice.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! The link didn't work for me though... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think their website might be down...I can't get it to work anymore either and couldn't get the general site to come up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!