Friday, August 5, 2011

The Beach

Today we went to the beach!!! It was a long overdue trip because of horses being lame, the EHV breakout and several other factors. I took the day off work and we headed out. Roz and Mystic are such good ponies! They got in the water easily and we had fun trotting and cantering down the beach. There were quite a few people on the beach and we heard several kids say "horses!" It was cute, but surprisingly no one asked to pet them and we just kept moving. Roz has definitely mellowed out in the last couple years. Previously he was a little more on the hot side than he is now. I cantered down the beach with loose reins and he wasn't asking to go any faster. Tarra did an experiment though, by riding Mystic up closer to see what Roz would do. He put his ears right back and pulled ahead. Later on they took us by surprise and Roz shot forward to re-gain the lead. My little racehorse is still in there...he's just gotten a bit older. We tried not to overdue it since Roz has been struggling with soundness. He's been fine for the past 4 weeks or so since getting his new shoes so I am hoping his beach adventures don't cause him any trouble. He is getting new shoes on Monday and I am interested to see how that goes. I love Roz so much! He is so fun to ride and I always feel safe on him. It's hard to beat a sweet pony like that. Here are some photos of our adventure.












The cute beach bums :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!