Sunday, October 9, 2011

940 miles later....

we struck out. Tarra and I had a great trip to Spokane but unfortunately we did not find a pony. Pony #1 was okay but I didn't like his body type and conformation as much as the other too. He was also on the top side of my budget. Pony #2 was flat out adorable...but was wary of people on the ground and wasn't as confident as I would have liked him to be. I know he is on the young side but I really do think that their basic personality plays a roll in this and that is not the attitude I want. He wasn't bad to ride, and was a good size for me so I did really like that about him. Pony #3 is owned by a crazy lady. Her first strike was that when we got to her house to look at her she was already riding her. We were 15 minutes early and I was immediately put off. Once we met her the owner started telling us more about the mare. Every third sentence she would say "I'm just going to be completely honest with you." To me that makes me feel like she is not telling the truth. Then she started telling us stuff like, she rides in a double bridle. She hates water. She does the hoochie koochie (whatever that is/means) in the trailer. She is really a hot cob. She's really quiet. She hates to be stalled. But you can stall her overnight at a show. She really freaks out in a stall though, unless she has food in front of her. She can be ridden in rings (running martingale?), and is pretty good with head confinement. She's not sure how she would go in a standing martingale. She does tie up when she comes in to heat, but you just need to make sure you have her on plenty of B12. Otherwise she will be totally sound for you. Needless to say, I didn't even ride her. I just told the owner she is not who I am looking for and we made our return trip home. 

The drive itself went well and Tarra and I had fun. Tarra drove the Pony Express for the second time and I think she is hooked. She learned how to pass people and decided that was really fun. :) 


Our hotel was decent enough. We were so exhausted when we got in last night. Dinner was at Denny's right next to our hotel, followed by loading video on the computer and a swim in the pool and hot tub. Once we were done in the pool we headed to bed and were asleep close to 9pm. Thankfully we got almost 10 hours of sleep and woke up feeling better this morning. 

My delicious waffles

An American flag on the top of this cool bridge

One of the many trains we saw

Circular fields due to the irrigation pivot.

Organic carrots...for the pony we didn't buy. 

Beautiful scenery. Do you see another train?

The windmills Tarra and I want to buy. These were some of the only ones that were turning.


4 comments:

  1. Haha some of your pictures didnt load :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They loaded fine on my computer. I think it is yours that is having problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. But at least you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That thrid owner sounded real dodgy. Too bad it didn't work out. Sounds like a fun trip though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!