Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Goals

I am so looking forward to where God leads me in 2012. The last year has been full of adventures, and even though sometimes I have been re-directed I feel so blessed with many wonderful things in my life. Of course one of my main 2012 goals is to become a better rider. I want to really work on my position and riding effectively. I want to successfully show Rhythm at 1st level which should be do-able. He is a little bit off again (as of Thursday) but it looks like he may have just stepped on himself. Hopefully he will be as good as new soon so we can get back to work. I am really really really (no really) looking forward to showing this year. It has been 2 years since I have had a horse to show. I love having something concrete to be working towards, and a way to measure how much progress I have really been making.  I plan to continue to work on my fitness level. I have been getting in some extra exercise the past couple of months, mainly on nights when I don't have a horse to ride or care for. This has been working out pretty well for me and I am happy to be getting in better shape, which is only going to help my riding.

I also want to show Roz through the Thoroughbred Exhibitors Association. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time but haven't ever done it. Pants is also eligible since he is 1/2 thoroughbred. April and I are planning to take the bay boys, and I am really looking forward to it.

I rode Roz today and he was quite spunky. He got the week off due to his family being gone, and me being busy with work, house sitting, Rheiny, and Rhythm. It was nice to take him out today and just spend some time with him.

I'm having tons of fun with my new camera...isn't he adorable?

I love that sweet face

Munching on his yummy hay

Look at his mouth! lol 
My furry Annie, who resembles a small black bear :) 

In other news, Tarra and I have been blogging for 2 years today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!