Sunday, December 4, 2011

Overdue Update

I haven't posted in a while. Rhythm is on the mend and we will hopefully be back to riding in the next week. Today has been 3 weeks from the initial injury....

I got to ride Roz both days this weekend. It's has been in the 30's which isn't that cold for most places, but it is pretty cold here. Today I decided to ride Roz bareback. I haven't ridden bareback in way too long!!! It definitely took a few minutes for me to regain my bareback balance but we had a really nice ride. I love riding bareback because you can feel the horse underneath you so much easier. One thing I noticed the last time I rode Roz bareback in the arena (almost a year ago) was that I was really scrunching up my right side and sitting really to the left. This time....I noticed that I was sitting so much straighter, and wasn't having nearly as much trouble staying long with both legs. It was nice to see the riding that I have been doing, paying off while riding bareback. I definitely want to get back in the habit of riding bareback at least once a week. I'm sure I will be sore tomorrow! 

I also came across this article on horse slaughter today. 


I thought it did a good job of explaining the current problems with the way horse are slaughtered. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Bareback riding is so fun! I love riding my mare bareback to the beach :)
    I hope Rhythm has a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!