Saturday, January 7, 2012

Looking back

I was looking through some old photos last night and came across these pictures of Roz from 2003. He was 11 and I was 15....
This was the sale picture we used for him when we sold him (before I bought him back). Tarra doesn't think it even looks like the same horse...but I think he does. He's always been such a chunky thoroughbred. 

He's always been cute

Getting under saddle photos



This is my friend Sarah, who was also a business partner on him. :) 

I had a fantastic ride on him today! He is really starting to "get" what I am looking for from him and is becoming a more compliant about it. He is exactly what I want in my next horse. I love that he is willing and accepts most things with out a lot of fuss. I also love a nice forward horse, even if they feel a bit like a freight train some times. I am working a lot on getting him to be softer in the bridle and to improve his down transitions. He likes to dump down on his forehand through his transitions so I have been really riding him forward and up through them, keeping his hind end active. I also played around with him on counter canter today. He's actually pretty easy to do it on since he has a very manageable canter and does not know (or care to know) flying changes. I was really pleased that I was able to do counter canter both ways with out him breaking and changing his lead. I focused on really riding him through the counter canter and he stayed with me. His leg yields are coming along too. I had him quite hot today and he even spooked at some people walking along the road, which he never does. I think he really enjoyed the work, and I plan to ride him again tomorrow morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!