Thursday, January 12, 2012

Plugging along

There is nothing new to report around here. Rhythm is improving daily, and we are getting right back to work. We are working hard, and may debut at second level! We have a lot of things to solidify before then. I'm excited for the opportunity, and even if we aren't ready to go by the first show of the season I would expect we will be ready by the summer. Some of the main areas we still need to work are on traver, counter canter, and simple changes. Rhythm has never been shown before and I have never shown past training level, so it will definitely be a challenge. I was thinking tonight, as I rode, that I really enjoy the stamina of a thoroughbred. They seem to have such an unlimited amount of go, and I love the feeling!

This weekend should be a lot of fun. I'm heading to a new tack store, with a couple of friends on Saturday. I am looking for some show clothes since I really haven't shown over the last 2 years. I really need to get a black show helmet and a pair of white breeches. On Monday, Tarra, her mom, and I are heading up to Portland Meadows to watch some horse racing. None of us have ever been and it's always been on our list of fun things to go do sometime. I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Me too!! It will be a great weekend! Especially since I havent seen you since Tuesday and havent talked to you in forever it seems like...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!