Monday, January 2, 2012

Saucy Sassy

In the time that Roz has been ridden by his "kid" he has really decided he likes the level of work she asks for. As my riding has improved, specifically in the last 6 months or so, he has been so mad with my demands that he be straight, forward and on the bit. He has never had a soft mouth and also hasn't had the best training. Unfortunately, when I was riding him 6 days a week I didn't have a clue how to really make him work the way I needed him to, and accepted as much as he gave me, but didn't demand anything more.  It has actually been really fun to work with him and see him improve. He is capable but definitely set in his ways. Why work harder than you have to? Lucky for me his "mad" and "naughty" is normally a shake of his head and a couple funny hops before he settles back down to work. I hope to ride him more consistently this year and to bring his training further along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!