Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shopping & Snow

And of course riding too! I have been staying busy this past week with horses to ride and things to do, and it has been cold. I just about froze at the barn Friday evening as I had not brought enough clothes with me for riding after work. Saturday morning I was slightly overdressed but at least I wasn't freezing. I rode Roz and then took Miss Rhein for a walk. They are both a pleasure to work with and it was a nice morning. 

Saturday afternoon Tarra, April and I went to a new tack store that opened near us. We had fun looking around but none of us found anything. At one point we all had something in our hand but in the end decided against our purchases. I found a pair of breeches to show in but they were pretty thin material, and they were not as long as I would have liked them to be even though they were marked long. I tried on another pair (photo below) and although the waist size was correct the rest of them were super baggy. What's up with that!? So I struck out, expect that I found a helmet that I liked the fit and look. I figured out the size and plan to order it. 


Today we woke up to snow! You can't really tell from this picture since I didn't venture too far out in it but the dogs enjoyed the fun. We hardly ever get snow, and we only got about an inch but it's still fun. 


I rode Roz again this afternoon and he was super good! He's finally submitting to my plans a little bit better and his leg yields are improving a lot. 


Doesn't he look thrilled!? lol 
If the weather is decent tomorrow, Tarra, her mom, and I are heading up to Portland Meadows to watch some races. I have never been to the track before so I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!