Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So much to do, so little time

Wow! Life has been so busy lately. Pretty is gaining weight and is now getting to be turned out all the time. Hattie, her turn out buddy, is definitely the boss. Saturday, I went out to the pasture to give Miss Pretty a carrot and had to chase Hattie off to be able to do it. We have also discovered that Pants is enamored with the new girl in the neighborhood. It's very cute. I lunged Pretty on Sunday and she was really good. She was definitely nervous coming in with out her buddies, and whinnied when we got to the arena. Several of the horses answered her and I thought "oh no." Thankfully, as soon as I put her to work she was all business. We worked both directions and her circles and her whoa are getting quite a bit better.
"Is it safe to come over for a carrot now?"

Saturday I went to a dressage show with Tarra and Mystic and got some very cute photos. Here are a couple of my favorites.






Rhythm head is doing well also. We went on a very nice leisurely trail ride Sunday afternoon with Tarra and Mystic. The weather was pretty nice and it was fun to meander along visiting with each other. We had another good ride tonight after some discussion in the beginning about what I needed him to be doing.

Sadly, Roz is still lame. I'm hoping to get Tarra to check him out with my tomorrow. Depending on what foot is causing us trouble he may have to head back in to the vet.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Mystics mane, so gorgeous. Looks like they did well :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!