Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm Lovin' It

Let me start this off by saying that Chevy is doing great! He is such a sweet heart and I am really enjoying him. I have been super busy the last week. Friday I had my first real "working" ride on Chevy. He was awesome! I got much better work from him than I did when I tried him out. He was easy to get on the bit and was very willing. We definitely have lots of work to do but I think he is going to be a really enjoyable horse. He had Saturday off work and I lunged him yesterday. When I got to the barn today we were invited to go on a trail ride. I hurried out to the pasture to grab him, and as soon as I started calling he left the other horses and came walking over to the gate. He was great out on the trails. He likes to walk very slowly so I had to remind him that I wanted him to really walk. He improved over the course of the ride and by the time we got home he was walking fairly forward. I'd like to be taking him out close to once a week. The hill work should really help us build his topline. Tomorrow we plan to work in the arena again, then Wednesday he gets his dancin' shoes on and I hope to try jumping him.
His new leather halter came today too! 
Pants went to a horse show this weekend. It was his last one for the year. He is such a super duper good boy. He got excellent scores and lots of nice compliments on being a good baby.
Trotting the triangle
Gorgeous braids done by his mom 
Team NDF after his last class

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous guy you have there! I'm so happy to hear that things are going well with him. :) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your enjoying Chevy. He sounds like such a sweetie. He's very handsome.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!