Sunday, July 22, 2012

Introducing....

My new horse, Blazon Shields, aka Chevy. He's a 5 year old 15.3hh thoroughbred gelding. I tried him out last weekend and Tarra and I picked him up yesterday. He's super sweet and I think he will be a great horse for me. He seems to have a super good brain which is huge! He was fun to ride, a little on the lazy side but pretty easy. I'm super excited to start working with him. We had a 5 hour trip home yesterday so I opted to give him today off to settle in and work the kinks out. He had a bath today and looks much shinier. Tomorrow he starts back to work, so we'll see what he thinks about that. We have lots of fun plans for the last couple months of summer. We plan to hit up the beach, cross country, and hopefully a couple of shows too. 
The day I tried him out
Getting ready to take him home
He was located on Vashon Island so we had to take a ferry
Getting cleaned up today
Handsome after his bath

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new horse. He looks super adorable. Sounds like you guys are gonna have a lot of fun together :) How exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys! I am really excited about him. I can't wait to see where we end up.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!