Thursday, July 12, 2012

Last Dancin' Shoes

If all goes as planned, Rozzy Ridge got his last pair of dancin' shoes on today. Once he moves home we are going to pull his shoes and see if we can transition him to being a barefoot pony. I am hopeful that it will work out. He has been barefoot at other times in his life did alright. His current "nikes" are expensive so it would be really nice to be able to decrease our farrier bill. I spoke with the farrier about it today and was really glad to hear that he is willing to keep working on him, even if he is only getting trimmed. He was recommended to me by the veterinarian who has seen Roz at OSU and is familiar with the problems we are dealing with. Since he mainly does corrective shoeing I wasn't sure if he would want to continue doing Roz if he isn't having the corrective work done. Luckily he is happy to continue!

Since Roz moved up to NDF April has been telling me that Roz has golden eyes. I have to say I've honestly never really paid attention, but they are lighter than a lot of horses. Yesterday I came across this. Scroll down to the close up head shot, and read above. Those are Roz's eyes! He is a Seattle Slew grandson. How cool is that!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!