Saturday, August 25, 2012

Super Star

Mr. Chevy and I headed out to Two Pennies Ranch today, to take part in a dressage schooling show. My alarm didn't go off at the right time so I ended up getting up an hour and ten minutes late. Oops! I rushed around all morning to get ready. Thankfully his braids stayed in well overnight so it didn't take too long to put them up and get on the road. He unloaded quietly and we waited around a little bit before I actually got on him. I knew I didn't want to warm up that long as he is already on the lazy side. I didn't need to wear him down. He warmed up easily and was totally relaxed. When we went into the dressage court he was a little looky but other than shying away from the rail a little bit he was good. Our test was nice and consistent. I tapped him with my whip for his first canter transition and he kicked out a little bit but it was hardly noticeable. I also lost him on my left rein towards the end of my test and we almost fell in to the rail. I was able to get him straightened up before we had a real problem.

Our second test was about the same. He was tired out, making him a little bit harder to get going. He was again very consistent and our ride was very pleasant. We ended up scoring a 67.7% on our first test and a 67.3% on the second one. The main theme of our score sheets were that he needs to be more forward thinking and more through. 

Training level test 1, collective marks:
Gaits: 7
Impulsion 6.5
Submission: 7
Rider's position & seat: 7
Rider's correct & effective use of the aids: 6.5
Harmony between rider and horse: 7
"Steady and obedient- work for more energy & swing through back- throughness."

Training level test 2, collective marks:
Gaits: 7
Impulsion 6.5
Submission: 7
Rider's position & seat: 7
Rider's correct & effective use of the aids: 7.5
Harmony between rider and horse: 8
"Accurate test & organized rider- work for more energy and present the look of a 'desire' to go forward. Good riding! Willing and obedient horse!

I was very pleased with the scores and comments. We are going to continue to work over the next month and will hopefully come out even better at a league show at the same farm. 

Pretty boy
Loving this sweet pony

Pretty neck
Waiting for our turn
Waiting for Tarra
"Can I please have some?"
Second place in class 1
Back on the ranch, we got 3rd place in class 2
A big thank you to Tarra for helping me today and being the picture lady!  

2 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!