Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yee Haw

Chevy and I started jumping today! He and I have both jumped previously but not together, and neither of us that recently. I last jumped Roz sometime in early this year, before he went lame. Chevy has had at least a month since he was last jumped. He was quite enthusiastic. Today was my first day really riding him outside. He warmed up pretty well and in some ways was almost easier outside. In the arena he really drifts to the rail but outside with out a rail to drift to he wasn't as squirmy. We jumped one fence and he took it with out issue. After a walk break we started back up. Taking our cross rail in the direction of the barn we jumped the fence and off Chevy went. He threw in a buck, and crow hopped away from the fence. Once I got him stopped we jumped back and forth, stopping on each side. He settled down and we headed off to jump through our little gymnastics. He tried a little more funny business but overall he was better. I think he was just excited about it, although that doesn't excuse him from behaving. We are planning to jump 2-3 times per week for the next couple of months. Here's a short video from today. 

Giving him a pat for being a good boy
This cutie pie meets me at the gate every night

2 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!