Friday, September 21, 2012

Be Kind

How can you not be happy seeing this face every night?!

Or when you go out to feed your other horse and he greets you like this!

I have had several people comment lately that I am handling my current situation very well. I honestly don't know how else to handle it. I spent a few days as a crying mess, but really that's not going to help anything. Yes, I am a little afraid about having surgery, recovering from it, and starting the rest of my treatment. Even more than that, I wonder if it will come back, and I will be fighting this battle again later on down the road. But I won't allow those fears to consume me. I know that God is watching over me and will give me the strength to make it through, one day at a time. Life becomes more precious when you really realize that it has no guarantees. I plan to live each day to the fullest, because you never know when it will be your last. 

I have also received so much love and support from my family, friends, co-workers, and church family. Most days I have extra facebook messages, cards in the mail when I get home, or someone just pausing an extra minute to ask me how I'm doing. If anything, this has just made me more aware of how I can impact other peoples lives as they go through hard times. Just reaching out and letting them know that you care. I recently came across this quote and it is so true! How many people do we come in contact with through out the day who are fighting a much worse battle than we are, and we don't even know it? 

"Be Kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you."

1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!