Sunday, September 9, 2012

Resources

Why are resources so scarce? It's frustrating to have lots of plans and not have the time or money to make then all happen. I'm ready to get on a regular lesson schedule but between work and the uncertainty about my surgery and recovery I'm not able to do much about that. I'm also really want to get a dressage saddle. I'm not convinced that my current saddle fits Chevy as well as I would like it to. It's not horrible by any means but I don't think it's ideal. That's on my list of things to work on, but it's not going to be in the next couple weeks.

Aside from feeling slightly frustrated that things are on hold, Chevy is doing great! He was fantastic again tonight. He's getting more forward thinking, and seems to be enjoying our work. I have him firmly on my left rein now but have been losing him on the right rein while cantering to the left. I finally got him to come off of my outside aids a few times while cantering and decided to call it quits there. He is becoming more ride able and much less prone to bucking/throwing a fit, when I correct him. I think next show season could be a really good one for us!

1 comment:

  1. Resources vs time.

    I'm constantly having that debate. Good luck! It's an impossibly personal question and the answer seems to change every day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!