Thursday, October 11, 2012

Getting There

I continue to heal after my surgery on the 2nd. I am definitely starting to feel like I'm ready to hop back on a horse, which is sorta bad since they want me to wait for 6 weeks....only 4.5 to go! I had an appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday and they were very impressed with how well I am healing. They think it has something to do with me being 24. Hahaha. My lymph node came back "officially" clear from the pathology report, and the margins were clear as well, although they were very close. The surgeon wants to take a section of muscle and skin when we go back in for my actual implant in a few months. He is fairly certain those areas will come back clear as well but it's better to be safe than sorry.  My drain came out today and that was a welcome change, I even got to drive myself to the doctor. My skin is really really sensitive right now and the tug from the drain was driving me crazy!!! Also, with the drain out I can start showering again. I am so excited to hop in the shower tomorrow morning. Yah! I have an appointment with my Oncologist tomorrow and then I think we should have the long term treatment plan and be ready to get going with all of this. 

In all of my spare time I decided to start cleaning some video footage off of my computer. Of course I go distracted and ended up putting together a few of my favorite clips from the last several years. I think it has moments that will give everyone a laugh, Tarra especially. 

Here it is!

Reports from my Chevy's "Training Crew" say that he has been pretty good this week. He pulled a shoe, but thankfully Tarra was able to get that fixed today. He has been doing a mix of lunging and riding. Since my drain is out I hope to go see him Saturday. It's been almost 2 weeks! The poor guy probably thinks I got lost. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that video made me so happy/nostalgic/more happy Alanna!!! Thanks for sharing. I am glad to hear your are feeling good and healing well. Thanks for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the video! :) Glad you are doing well! Keep resiting and getting better!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!