Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

That seems to be the story of my life right now. One minute I feel like I'm in a whirlwind and the next I'm trying not to be too impatient as I wait. Patience is not my strongest point...hahaha. I feel like this is kind of like the calm before the storm. I'm waiting for surgery on Friday and hoping it doesn't cause me too much of a problem because I actually have weekend plans. Then I know waiting 3 more weeks for chemo to start is going to be hard as well. Not that I'm looking forward to it by any means but I know I can't move on until I do it, so now I just want to get it done. I'm starting to hat shop now, and I plan to donate my hair to Locks of Love. They make wigs for kids who have hair loss due to some chronic condition. I figure if I can't use it someone else should! I'm just thankful it's long enough to donate. It has to be 10 inches which it just barely makes.

I'm also impatiently waiting for Friday to see what the farrier says about Roz's feet. They were looking pretty decent for his first barefoot month but have kind of fallen apart a bit in the last month. I was checking them out tonight and I kind of think he has a false sole in one of them. I've never really dealt with that but it sort of makes sense because he has been in shoes with pads for the past year and half... If he does have a false sole then I think his feet may actually be okay, if not, I think he's falling apart. He seems totally comfortable so I'm not too worried but I'm hoping the farrier isn't too shocked on Friday.

In all of my spare time I've been gathering ideas for the pas de deux that Tarra and I plan to do next year and drooling over Cardi babies. That is definitely going to be my next horse! Isn't this guy cute!? http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=29817&UserID=3126
This one too! http://www.warmbloods-for-sale.com/HorseDetail.asp?HorseID=33962&UserID=4397 Of course I have been drooling over Cardi himself showing Grand Prix. http://youtu.be/FweBwOVWeTk

2 comments:

  1. Love the positive attitude! :) Are you going to have a kentucky derby hat? Those always look cool on people more glamorous than me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!