Monday, October 1, 2012

Mystery Solved

Well....unfortunately Chevy got a black spot by his name tonight, but I actually think I may have figured out our jumping problem. Tarra was jumping him tonight while I walked around on Mystic. He jumped just fine 5 or 6 times over a couple of different cross rails. Tarra was telling him how she was going to solve his jumping problems and I had just finished telling her she was going to jinx herself when she ask him to canter and he took off bucking. She fell hard and hurt her hip (among other things). Of course I'm feeling pretty down about that, especially since I really can't do anything about it right now. From what I can tell, I actually think that our problem is him getting a wild hair when being ridden outside. Occasionally he doesn't try anything but most of the time he does. Sometimes it's the very first fence you jump him over, sometimes it's after you have been doing it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!