Thursday, November 22, 2012

Survey

I saw this over at Cob Jockey and it seemed like fun.


Splurge or save: 

1) Saddle: Splurge- saddles last forever if they are well taken care of and they can make a huge difference in your riding and your horses comfort.  
2) Board: I'm not sure that you can really "save" on boarding. I think it's one of those things that you get what you pay for. I like wonderful care at an affordable price...like NDF. :) 
3) Halter: Save on your everyday halter but a fancy leather halter is a necessary splurge. Chevy had a leather halter (with a nameplate) within 2 weeks of me owning him. 
4) Bit:  Save
5) Bridle:  Save- If you buy them used they are cheaper and already broken in. 
6) Saddle pad: Save- you can find all sorts of good sales on cute pads!
7) Trailer: I think this is sort of like boarding. It needs to be functional and safe, doesn't need to be fancy. 

First thing that comes to mind: 

1) Haflinger: Adorable golden horses
2) Quarter Horse: Sorry QH people but I picture a downhill horse moving WAY TOO slow
3) Thoroughbred: Rozzy Ridge of course!
4) Warmblood: Sporthorse
5) Welsh Cob: North Forks Cardi and Conner

This or That:

1) English or Western: English
2) Tall or Short: Medium :) 
3) Trail ride or beach ride: Beach!
4) Long mane or short mane: Short
5) Hunters or Jumpers: Jumpers for sure
6) XC or barrel racing: XC
7) Outdoor arena or indoor arena: Outdoor as long as it's not raining or dark outside
8) Trot or canter: Canter
9) Canter or gallop: Either
10) Paddock boots, tall boots, or cowboy boots: Tall boots
11) Horse shoes or barefoot: Barefoot if possible!
12) Saddle or bareback: Both, it depends on who I am riding. Chevy requires a saddle, Roz or Mystic? Bareback is the way to go. 

About you: 
1) How long have you been riding? I've been riding since around 7 or 8 so around 15 years.
2) Do you own or lease a horse? I own 2 and that is my max. They are way too expensive and you can only ride one at a time anyway.
3) Breed? Age? Height? Name? (if you don’t own or lease, you could talk about your lesson horse) Both thoroughbred geldings. Roz is 20, Chevy is 5. 15.2hh and 15.3hh.
4) Do you have any other pets? Of course! A dog named Annie May and a cat named Patience. 

5) If your horse was a person, what kind of voice would they have (you can use a celebrity for an example) As many of my friends can attest I don't pay any attention to celebrities and have no idea who my horses would sounds like. lol 
6) Does your horse have a “color”? If so, what is it, and what do you have in that color? Purple of course, with a little bit of navy thrown in. I also have some super cute pink stuff from Roxanne but it doesn't look very good with Chevy's chestnut coat. Oh well. 
7) Does your horse do any tricks? Roz is pretty good at opening gates with his nose (if they are unlatched) but other than that they don't have any tricks. 
8) Have you ever dressed your horse up for Halloween?  No, but they do wear a Santa hat for our annual Christmas Eve trail ride. 
Roz and I-2011


Favorites: 
1) Breed? I really don't have a favorite breed. I know I want to get a Welsh Cob out of Cardi for my next horse, but I love my thoroughbreds too. And warmbloods, and gypsy vanners, and haflingers, and POA's and I could go on and on. I like most horse breeds. 
2) Discipline? Eventing & dressage
3) Coat color? Bay. My dream horse is a bay with 4 white socks and a blaze. 

4) Famous horse? I don't really have a favorite famous horse. I loved seeing Adrienne Lyle and Wizard at Devonwood a couple of years ago. 
5) Horse race/competition? Rolex or the Olympics
6) Brand of tack? I don't have one
7) Thing to do with your horse?  Go to the beach with Tarra!

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely one that can attest to your lack of celebrity knowledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! I just found your blog and see your are in Or too. I am up north in portland. It is fun to see places I been. I hope you are doing well and I look forward to reading about your adventures as you get healthy and back in the saddle :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!