Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Phone Call

I got a message from my oncologist yesterday, she had some things that I might want to do before we initiate treatment, and wanted to talk to me. Of course my first thought was "Oh no. What now?!" But then I realized, whatever she had to tell me couldn't be that bad. After all, I've already been diagnosed with cancer, and told I need to do chemo. I don't think she could easily top those two. Thankfully she just had a couple small things she wanted to touch base with me about. I guess my heart ultrasound didn't turn out as well as they wanted it to. They had trouble getting one of the views, so I need to go back in for another heart test. I'm waiting for a phone call to get that one scheduled. Otherwise, we are still on target for my next appointment on the 21st. I believe we will have a chemo start date after that appointment. 

My soreness is much better today! Yesterday, after a full day at work, I was definitely ready to lay down for a while. I woke up pretty tired this morning but made it through the day much more comfortable. I really haven't been taking much in the way of pain meds. I know I could take more but I feel like I can just deal with it, especially since I would only say I'm uncomfortable.

I had someone tell me at church on Sunday, "you don't even know you are sick." And I told her "I'm not." Of course I realize that I've been diagnosed with cancer but at this point I choose to think I'm cancer free anyway, since my tumor was removed. Now I'm just being treated so that it doesn't ever come back! It's really strange to be totally healthy but being treated for a potentially life threatening disease. I'm sure I will not be feeling quite so healthy once chemo starts but that won't last for long. Then it will be on to summertime and horse shows. I can't wait! I'm definitely thankful I'm dealing with all of this during the winter months.

I got my first Chevy update yesterday and they had a "very good" ride. He also got his new haircut. Apparently he wasn't the easiest customer. Oops! She said he wasn't scared but didn't like the sensation of the clippers on his body so he wiggled a lot. I'm guessing that he hasn't ever been body clipped before.

I am posting things I am thankful for for the month of November, on Facebook, and figured I would re post them again here. Here's the first week.

Day 1: My awesome family of course!
Day 2: Our dogs, Annie and Paddi. You can't help but smile when you hang out on the farm with them. 
Day 3: I'm so thankful to have met Tarra. I'm not sure what I would do with out her. There is never a dull moment when we are together!

Day 4: Rozzy Ridge- I've owned him for 6 years now, and he has always brought me a lot of joy. This photo was taken the day after my diagnosis and was such a wonderful morning, escaping reality. 

Day 5: Chevy- I'm thankful to have found him this summer and I look forward to many good years together. 

Day 6: I'm thankful for my car, Dory! I just got her in July and I'm quite happy with my decision. I had a 2006 Mustang prior to this, but when the transmission went out at 68 thousand miles I was rather unhappy (to say the least).  

Day 7 (which I haven't posted yet): I'm so thankful to be a part of NDF (Never Done Farm). This is our ribbon wall for the year and represents a lot of hard work on the part of humans and horses. Everyone is so good about supporting each other and we have tons of fun!

4 comments:

  1. Is Dory a Mazda 3? I'm starting to look for a new car as I don't think mine will last more than another year. Do you like it? The Mazda's are on my list of possiblities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Dory is a 2012 Mazda 3 hatchback and I love it! It has the new skyactiv technology and I'm getting about 32mpg mixed driving. I don't have any complaints at this point, but I only have about 2500 miles on it so far. If you are looking to get one sooner rather than later you could probably get a good deal on a 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably won't be able to buy till next summer. I had a Mazda 3 as a rental car a few years ago and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the thankful pictures!

    Glad you are doing well :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!