Wednesday, November 14, 2012

We Have A Date

My chemo start date is November 27th.  I'm looking forward to getting started so that I can be done! Right now it's like a giant grey cloud hovering over my head, now I'm just ready to make it through the storm so that I can see the sunshine. Monday, I had my 2nd heart test. It's called a MUGA scan and it measure your heart's output. I haven't heard anything regarding the results but I don't anticipate that there will be any problems.

I also had my second expansion appointment with the plastic surgeon. They inject 50mls of saline every appointment and it makes quite a difference each time. I could definitely feel more of a stretch this time when they did it. It hasn't made me sore but I won't be surprised if the next couple do cause some soreness. Not only is the skin being stretched but the muscle as well. I'm hopeful that the next two appointments are all I need to be able to call it "done" until I get my final implant, after chemo. I think that doctor underestimates me. He was asking if I have been out with the horses at all. Umm...yes. I've been picking feet, grooming, lunging, bathing, trailering and have ridden. But of course I didn't say all of that. Then he was telling me how I would have a really good day and normally right after that you will have a bad day because you have overdone it. I honestly haven't had one bad day since my surgery. I have been really active but my arm feels great.

When I got done with that appointment I went to Curves to work out for the second time since my second surgery. They have a "smart card" program that tailors your work out specifically to you. We set mine up and it definitely makes me work harder! Hopefully I can get in ever better shape before chemo starts. I'm really excited to see how my Curves work outs help my riding. There is one specific piece of equipment that works your legs and I can really see how weak my left leg is compared to my right. I think that the extra strength and fitness should improve me as a rider.

Continuing with the things I am thankful for:

Having access to a truck and trailer! This photo was taken on the ferry bringing Chevy home. 
I'm thankful I was able to help Pretty out again
I'm thankful for April and Pants, and for all of the fun horse show adventures we get to have. 
I'm so thankful for my sister (in-law) Holly. She has been such a huge support to me over the past few months. AND...she and my big brother are going to make me an aunt in April. I'm so excited! 
I can't say I'm thankful to have been diagnosed with cancer. But I am thankful that I caught it early. I'm thankful for all of the doctors and medical staff that take care of me. I'm thankful for the outpouring of support from family and friends.  I'm thankful that God is always with me. I'm thankful that I am a strong, positive person, and I will come out on the other side of this better than ever before, with a new appreciation for life. 
I'm thankful for my friend Chantelle, and for her beautiful baby Olivia. She had a rough start but is happy and healthy now. 
I'm thankful that Tarra and April made time to ride Chevy for the month of October.

2 comments:

  1. You are so positive. I really admire that and my thoughts go out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the things you are thankful for!! :)

    Stay strong girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!