Friday, November 9, 2012

Wild and Crazy

My sources tell me Chevy has finally realized he is a 5 year old thoroughbred. Darn it! I guess he has been a bit of a nut this week. Spooky and full of himself. Obviously he has had a lot of changes in the last week so it's hard to tell which one specifically has made the biggest difference. One thing for sure is that he is not getting pasture turn out like he normally does. He's in a paddock with a run in shed but it's not enough room to run. He's being ridden by a new person, who is requiring him to be more forward than I ever have. The weather just finally changed to really cold and crisp too. Whatever the reason he's going to have to settle down and work. He gets tomorrow off and then I plan to visit him and lunge him on Sunday. Then it's back to work with Kelsey on Monday. Let's hope he comes out ready to work!

I spent almost an hour cleaning Rozzy Ridge up tonight! I roached his mane! I've thought about doing it before but just hadn't actually taken the plunge. I had already quit pulling it since his retirement this summer so it was getting thick, long and muddy. He's quite a chore to keep clean anyway. I figure worst case if I decide I don't like it, it will always grow back and I won't do it again. So far I think it looks pretty good. It will be even better when it grows out an inch or so. I also groomed almost 90% of the mud off of him. It's a never ending chore but I enjoy the time spent with him and I think he enjoys it too.
Umm....I think I trained a first rate beggar! 
I got a call from my surgeon this morning....my 2nd biopsy came back clear! This was awesome news to get this morning. Now it's time for a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!