Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chemo #2

Despite today being chemo #2 I had a really good day. I got to spend 3 hours with my best friend, Tarra. I got to see my grandparents and my sister in law too. When I got to the oncology office they drew blood first to see how I'm doing. When my doctor came in the room she told me that my labs are perfect!!! I was SO excited to hear that. My doctor was really impressed, and said she rarely sees people that are not under going chemo with lab results like that. My body is doing a great job. Now it just needs to keep it up. Getting all of my drugs went fine. The Cytoxan gives me a really weird pressure/tingling/headache across my nose and on a couple of spots on my head. I get about 1/2 way through it before I start feeling it. It's a yucky feeling but bearable. I sucked on ice cubes during the administration of the Adriamycin as that is supposed to help with mouth sores. When I got done, in about 4 hours, I went to work out at Curves with me mom. I use Curves Smart which is a computerized personal trainer. My Performance Index or PI increased by 10 today, which is the most it has ever gone up. I worked out hard to meet my goals, and at the end of my workout I had met all of them for the day. It was probably my best/hardest work out yet!

Then we ran around town a little bit, before I headed to the barn to ride Chevy. He was a good boy and it was nice to finish the day on him. Now I'm feeling a bit tired out, although thankfully hardly nauseous. They increased the nausea meds that I am getting because I threw up once last time. The doctor said that I do not need to be doing that, so hopefully the increased dosage does the trick. Although, while they were telling my about the increased dosage they also told me it may give me a headache, so I can take ibuprofen for that. If it's not one thing it's another! Ugh. A friend of mine recently attended a seminar on integrated oncology and one of the things she learned is that ginger is supposed to stop cancer caused nausea. I started taking it a couple of days ago and I will be delighted if it works! So far so good...

2 comments:

  1. I am seriously impressed - you worked out straight after your chemo treatment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed you were working out and even rode. I want to take a nap after working let along what you are going through. YOu are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!