Sunday, December 16, 2012

Downhill from Here

Well if chemo 2 holds true to the patterns of chemo 1 it should be all downhill from here, until round 3 on the 26th. The first 3 days seem to be the hardest, with the 2nd day really being the tough one. Although, I did SO much better this time around. I went in to work on Thursday morning and so many people commented that I looked way better than the first day last time. Most people said I had color in my face and that I didn't look nearly as sleepy. I finally told my co-worker that I must have looked really bad and she said "Oh sweetie, you looked like you had been drug through a knot hole backwards." She made me crack up, but obviously I really looked as bad as I felt for round one. My nausea was so much better this time around. When I went in to Thursday for my Neulasta shot I asked if they gave me different pre-meds, but they didn't change anything. The only 2 things I can think of would be 1) my body just knows how to deal with it better this time around, 2) the ginger that I have been taking really made a difference. I've taken a lot less of my nausea meds this time around, and besides Friday, I have been pretty happy to eat.

Thursday, after my shot, I rode Chevy. He was a little bit spooky and hard to get focused but I was also feeling kind of tired, so we had a short ride since I ran out of energy. Friday, after a nap, I took Roz for a walk in his new hoof boots, to break them in. He was very good, despite blustery weather, and the neighbors dog trying to chase us. After walking him, I headed up to NDF to work Chevy. I opted for lunging him due to my low energy level and we had our best lunge session ever. He was very forward and obedient.

In other news, I'm finally bald. I had been losing huge amounts of hair the last few days in the shower. After my shower yesterday you could really see that I was losing hair and I had bald sections so my mom cut my hair really short. Now I look like a skunk because I have bald white patches and still some areas of dark hair. It was actually really sad but I'm okay now.  At least I don't have chunks of hair falling out all over anymore. I'm thinking God's job just got a little easier knowing the hairs on my head.

Lukes 12:4-7 I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for 2 pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not be afraid: you are worth more than many sparrows. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep your head up girl, I am sure you look marvelous!

    I am glad that you were able to ride Chevy- hopefully he will be better for you next time :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!