Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking Back (and Ahead)

What a crazy ride this year has been. I always like to reflect on the past year but I have to say I am anticipating a good year in 2013. 2012 certainly involved a lot of good things but I think it was definitely my most challenging year so far too.

The start of 2012 was full of promise, with me riding Roz, Rhythm, and helping with Rheiny. The plan was to show Rhythm first level and possibly even 2nd. I was planning to continue Roz's training and had committed to riding him on the weekends for sure. When March came around Roz turned 20 and decided his riding days were coming to an end. He sustained a cut on his cornet band and never did come back sound. I took Rhythm to our one and only dressage show, at first level. We got decent scores and he handled everything really well.

April brought about the return of Pretty and a backing off in the time I spent riding Rhythm. The transmission went out in my 2006 Ford Mustang that only had 65,000 miles on it. That was super frustrating. I sold Pretty in June, and decided to sell my car (after fixing the transmission). In July I bought my Mazda 3 Dory, and I purchased Chevy! Roz somewhat "officially" retired and moved home to our farm. Chevy and I had the lovely month of August, and a great first horse show before I found out that I had Breast Cancer on August 31st. Since then it has been a somewhat crazy ride of doctor appointments, surgery, chemotherapy, and just trying to enjoy every day that I am given.

What does 2013 have in store? It's hard to say. I pray that it will be healthy year. Chemo should finish up the beginning of March, and I am SO looking forward to being done. It's definitely the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I'm looking forward to the birth of my first nephew in April. I'm hoping this is the year that I can purchase my Cardi baby. I'm anticipating some lovely trail rides with Rozzy Ridge, and some beach adventures with Tarra. I'm beyond excited to see Carrie Underwood at the Willamette Country Music Festival in August. And I am dreaming about 2 weeks spent in Ireland with my family. I know this year won't be with out a few bumps here and there but I plan to enjoy every minute that I can.

3 comments:

  1. I hope next year is a good year for you! You really deserve it, I'm new to your blog but I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have impressed me all year with how you've dealt with all kinds of situations with such grace. From the breast cancer (which has inspired me to get another follow-up on that tumor, by the way) to the mature way you came to the decision about Chevy, it's just been awesome to follow your adventures in a way that few other blogs are. I have so much appreciation for your maturity and rationality. Best of luck in 2013, your decisions have certainly set you up to only go up from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Jen. Thank you for the kind comment!

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!