Saturday, January 5, 2013

Stall Rest....

Chevy's hock isn't showing any improvement so we are going to give stall rest a try. He's walking great, but still stepping short in the trot. He's such a sweet boy and met me at the gate even though he was at the very far side of the field when I went out to get him. Hopefully we will see some improvement this week. I have a dressage show that I am hoping to take him to in March. It's only a few days after my final chemo treatment, so we'll see if I'm up to it. 

I took Roz for a spin today! It's the first time I have been on him since our beach getaway at the beginning of September. I've walked him down to get the mail a couple of times in his new hoof boots and have been planning on hopping on one of these days. He has been snorty and looky on the days that I've taken him down there, but he was an angel today under saddle. I only ride western a couple of times per year, but it's the saddle that I had at home so he had to play western pony today.

He got his feet trimmed yesterday and the farrier thought his feet were looking great, especially for it being the dead of winter. Yah! I've been impressed with how well he is doing barefoot. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad your impressed with how well he is doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad he is doing well barefoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! His feet honestly look the best they ever have and he doesn't seem any more lame than he was with his corrective shoes on.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!