Sunday, February 24, 2013

If Horses Could Speak

April and I went to a seminar yesterday where we watched a DVD by Gerd Heuschman titled If Horses Could Speak. It was really interesting to learn more about the horses structure and how the way we ride them affects their body. One of the things that he talked about was that horses really aren't built to be ridden. They are supposed to eat grass all day and occasionally run from predators. Here's a link to an article that summarizes everything really well. It was fun to expand my knowledge and learn more about the horses structure and how are riding can impact it. 

One interesting question someone brought up was if the horses find the work to be easier when they are doing it correctly. It was pointed out that is isn't necessarily "easier" for us to work out correctly but we feel better in the long run. I do think that's true with horses, otherwise why wouldn't they all just opt to go around in a frame that is comfortable and easy for them?!

I'm starting to feel better from this chemo round and am hoping to ride Chevy today. I was extremely sore on Friday, and although I was better yesterday I was still achy, particularly in my hips. I feel pretty good this morning so hopefully that will continue. Although the last few rounds have not been as bad as the first, they are still draining.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen that video and thought it was VERY good....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!