Sunday, March 17, 2013

So Willing

I had the pleasure of riding Mystic Pony tonight. He was excellent as always. I have never ridden a more willing horse than that one. I have ridden him a little more lately and I am getting a better feel for his way of going. He's currently working on second level dressage and is such a talented guy. This next week he and Tarra are going to be competing in the All Breeds Challenge at the NW Horse Fair and Expo. I'm sure I will have pictures and updates at they go. It's 3 rounds and should be a lot of fun.




Apparently he doesn't normally like you to blow in his nose but he has done it twice with me lately. 
Yesterday, Tarra and I had a booth at the Canby Tack Sale. We sold over $1000 worth of tack! Some of it was my stuff and then we also took tack for several friends.  It was rainy and cold but thankfully it went by fairly quickly since we stayed pretty busy. Some day I want to go just to shop for some good deals. I did help Tarra find a new bridle and reins for Tolo. I didn't start looking around until later on in the morning. I think if we drive all the way up there and pay $1 to get in I would plan on getting there early in hopes of finding the best deals. Regardless, my pony fund grew this weekend and that was fun!

And Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Today my cousin and I hosted a baby shower for my sister in law. I'm going to be an aunt in less than a month. We went with the Irish theme since my family is Irish and we are planning a vacation to Ireland later this year. It all came together really well and was a lot of fun. 

Goodies
Adorable cupcakes made by my cousin
Motorcyle made out of diapers and a few other baby things
Clothesline for our onesie guessing game. Each guest brought a onesie that reflected something about them. Holly's job was to guess who brought what! 
The onesie I brought. "I have a need for horsepower"

Oh...and no baby from Roxy yet either.

4 comments:

  1. Great baby shower it seems! Cute horse! Glad the tack sale was so successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Mystic is so gorgeous!! Looks like a great baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mystic is so pretty!! I love his feet. I bet he just floats around. It was neat to see you in person at the tack sale. I am super excited about the black reins I bought from you. Mine were chewed and I duct taped them together. Sadly I have been riding with them duct taped for long long I almost forgot until I started thinking about showing again. Somehow I think my new reins will be a little more presentable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was cool! Thanks for saying "hi." I'm glad you like the reins. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!