Thursday, April 4, 2013

Generosity

I have to say, I am very impressed with the generosity of people some times. I saw this link on facebook yesterday. A fundraiser for a dressage rider and trainer from the state of Washington. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer around the same time that I was diagnosed with breast cancer. After treatment she had one clear scan before finding a lump in her neck recently and being diagnosed again with cancer. She has been preparing for her first season riding Grand Prix and needs financial help with her medical bills to be able to show this year. She raised over $9000 in one day! How cool is that!?

On another note, I keep forgetting to mention that my hair is GROWING! It started out super fuzzy and blond a couple of weeks ago but now it's starting to get thicker and darker. From what I've read 4-6 weeks post chemo is when it should really get going. Yesterday was the 4 week mark for me. One of these days soon I'm going to have a full head of hair. Yah!
Roz and I on Easter Sunday. Can you see my fuzzy hair? 

2 comments:

  1. I can see the fuzzy hair! Happy for your good news and that fundraising amount is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the fuzz. That's about the timeline I remember with my dad. And super cool about the fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!