Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lovin' Spring

I spent some quality time grooming Roz this afternoon. He's not a horse that has ever really appreciated being groomed, but regardless, I try to brush him once or twice a week. Today, he was eating it up. He must be itchy with all of his hair shedding. After a thorough grooming I turned him out for a couple of hours. With the grass coming on strong, in typical spring fashion, I don't want him to overdo it. The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 70's this next week; perfect for some time out on the grass.
Sucking up for a cookie. Isn't he charming?

Beautiful, green pastures.

Mr. Sassy himself. I realized flies were out and decided to go grab his fly mask. Of course since he had just been let out he didn't think being caught was a good idea. He did give in pretty quickly once he realized I wasn't taking no for an answer. Goofy pony!
I was recently asked what his mane is looking like since I roached it in November. I think it's at the cutest stage yet. 

7 comments:

  1. I think I'll be roaching Lance's mane since he's rubbed out a good 6" stretch on his own. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I roached Roz's around November and you can see what it looks like now. Roz has a pretty cute neck so it turned out pretty well on him. I'm not sure if I will do it again....but, it was nice to not have to comb out a muddy mane all winter!

      Delete
  2. Your turnout is so nice and green!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's what Oregon looks like in the spring. :)

      Delete
  3. He is so cute!!! Fancy boy in that once pic for sure! Glad you had some quality time with him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He actually is a nice mover. Now that he is getting older I don't see it as often but when he gets hyped up it's still there.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!