Wednesday, May 22, 2013

35 Questions

Borrowed from Viva Carlos. I thought it looked fun. 

1: A time you've been scared for your life on horseback.- There has definitely been more than I scary experience but one of them was when I was trying out a 4 year old TB mare. I was around 14 and really was not ready to be riding such a young green horse. It was windy out and the mare took off. We ended up running a few laps around the arena with me hanging on for dear life. Thankfully she stopped and everything turned out fine. 


2: There's a huge party at your friends house or you could have a lesson on the same night, which do you go to?-If it's a huge party? I would go to my friends house. I would just plan my riding week around having that party one day. 


3: Favorite markings a horse can have.-White markings on their face, preferably a blaze. I actually love all chrome. 

 
4: Would you rather deal with bolting, rearing or bucking?- None of the above, although if I had to pick one I'd say bucking. But not bucking like this. This was several years ago now but I still remember what that felt like. Roz will buck a little bit but he warns you way in advance by putting his head down and hopping around. That's totally okay. 


5: Agree or disagree; To have good eq means to be a good rider?-Disagree

6: If you could try any discipline on any horse for 1 day, what discipline and what horse?-I'd love to ride the Grand Prix dressage horse, North Forks Cardi. It would be so fun to do tempi changes, piaffe, passage, half pass, and pirouettes.


7: 3 horses you'd want to ride/meet the most?- As stated above, I'd love to ride Cardi. I'd also think it would be fun to meet a great racehorse like Zenyatta. And any of the Olympic horses would be awesome!


8: On a scale of 1-10 how good would you say your seat is?- 8 I think that my seat is one of my best traits. I've got good sticking ability. Hahaha

9: One of your goals for the next year, horse-wise.- To purchase my baby!

10: Would you rather teach lessons or train horses?- Either, both are rewarding.  

11: Have you ever given a lesson for money?-Yes

12: If you were a trainer, would you want to train little kids, pre-teens, teens or adults?-I'd train any of them, but I really like pre-teens and teens.
13: Have you ever ridden someone's horse for money?-Yes.


14: If given the opportunity, would you exercise track horses?-Probably not. Those horses are a bit too green for my liking! It would be fun to breeze a more seasoned TB though. 


15: On a scale of 1-10 what is your confidence like in the saddle?I'd say 10 on most horses, until they give me a reason to not trust them. 
16: 3 things you need to work on, riding-wise?- Getting my shoulders back, my toes pointing forwards, and having a nice wrapped around leg. 

17: 3 things your horse needs to work on.-At this point Roz doesn't need to work on anything but staying healthy and fairly sound. 


18. Top 3 favourite riders?- I don't have a top three.

19: Is there anyone you'd say is a bad rider ? (don't give names)- Yes

20: Are you better on the flat or over fences?- I'm better on the flat because I've spent more time on it and haven't really had a horse to jump since Roz retired. 
21: How high do you think you've jumped?-3'3"- 3'6"

22: How high do you think your horse would be capable of jumping?-I think he could have probably jumped close to 4"


23: Opinion on tackless riding.- I love riding bareback and I think having a horse with enough training to go bridless is very cool. 

24: Have you ever lied or over-dramatized anything about your riding?-I try not to lie but I can be dramatic sometimes. :) 


25: Do you think you're a good rider?- Yes, I do. Not the best, but I work hard at it and believe I have several good habits, along with some bad ones I am working to fix. 

26: Ever had barn drama?-Sadly, yes. But none currently. NDF is the best!

27: Favorite things about the barn you're at?- Well Roz is at home and I love having him there. So my favorite thing would have to be being able to walk outside and see him any time I want. My favorite thing about NDF? The people. 


28: Will you show next year? If so in what?-Yes, my plan is to show my cob in hand, and maybe even find a horse to do some dressage shows with too. 


29: Plans for your horse over the next year?-No big plans for Roz over the next year other than continuing to trail ride with him. 


30: Would you share your tack with people?-Yes. I regularly share stuff with Tarra.  

Has a horse ever shattered your confidence?- Yes 
32: Ever been scared to get on a horse?- Yes

33: Do you get nervous before shows?-No. I used to, but then I got Roz. I showed him a lot and he was always a rockstar. I quickly became very comfortable with it and still feel like that now, even when riding something new. 


34: Hunters or Jumpers?-Jumpers


35: Last time you fell off? What happened? Were you hurt?- September 2012- Chevy tripped and fell to his knees when we were walking around the pasture with Tarra. It was a total freak thing. It hurt, and I laid on the ground for 5 minutes since I pretty much fell on my head/neck (I had a helmet on), but I wasn't actually injured in the process. 




5 comments:

  1. It's good to have stick-ability to deal with bucking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy bucks!!!

    Loves reading more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Thanks. I'd rather not ride any more of those bucks. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!