Sunday, May 19, 2013

Busy Weekend

These last couple of weeks have been super busy and the next few months are going to be the same way. There is SO much to look forward to, I can hardly stand it. This is a very random post so bear with me! :)

Friday I was approached by a young lady who was diagnosed with breast cancer a month ago. Cancer is brutal, at 24 (or 31) you never expect that you could possibly be diagnosed with it. If you are a woman reading this, please be sure to be doing self breast exams, especially if you are young since there is no other screening done for you. It's totally treatable, especially when it's caught early. I'm praying for the girl that approached me, and if you are reading this, I'd love for you to email me.

Yesterday was another busy day, working in the morning, watching Tarra ride Tolo, watching the Preakness, and house sitting. Tarra's had Tolo since I first met her, but she sold him a few years ago. He came back to her a few months ago because he is now blind in one eye. He had gotten to the point where his old owners could not ride him and said he was very spooky. He's pretty much been out on pasture since Tarra has gotten him back, with a little lunging thrown in. She hopped on him yesterday afternoon and he was awesome! I'm so proud of them and can't wait until Tolo is back in the show ring.




When I woke up this morning I saw that I had received a $500 donation towards my pony fund. What an awesome way to start a day, and an enormously generous act by an old friend. Then today was Pant's first horse show of the season. He was as gorgeous as ever, and has definitely matured since his last outing. He was a good boy.

The judge said he has a plain head, but I definitely disagree. 
He kept yawning as the judge was inspecting him...I think he was bored. 



Connor over at CobJockey placed 4th at his very first starter event. I'm so excited for them. I know Jen has put a lot of time into Connor and it's always so nice to see a pay off for all of that investment. Congratulations!

Also, for anyone who was thinking about placing a Scentsy order, please do so in the next few days. Here's the link https://lomakesscents.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy/SetupPrompt and it ends on the 24th. Thank you to everyone who has ordered so far. I really really appreciate it!

5 comments:

  1. Pants does NOT have a plain head, and Tolo is VERY handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think we were all surprised to see that comment on his score sheets.

      Delete
  2. Not a plain head at all! He looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally awesome about the donation! Have you ever seen the movie the long shot? It has a horse named tolo that went blind as well. Pants is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Tarra named Tolo after the horse in The Long Shot, several years ago...before he was blind in one eye. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!