Monday, May 6, 2013

Scentsy

About a month ago I was contacted by a girl who went to my same high school, although she was a couple of grades ahead of me. She had heard about my cancer diagnosis and read my blog, and wanted to help me out in purchasing my cob. She generously offered to host a fundraiser for me as she is a Scentsy consultant. We got together today and I got all of the information from her. You can order online at https://lomakesscents.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy/SetupPrompt. You just join my party and shop. Her goal is $2000 in sales which would result in a $500 addition to my fund! I have a Scentsy and it's really nice. I think it's easier (and safer) than a candle and it makes it more simple to change fragrances. The party runs through May 24th. Feel free to share it with your friends. :) If you aren't interested in a Scentsy but might still like to help, then you can donate here. Every little bit helps!

Also, be assured that I am working hard to accomplish this goal. I know that I have chosen an expensive sport, and an expensive horse, and there's just a lot of hard work involved in making something like this happen. It's been my dream for a few years but after being diagnosed with cancer and going through treatment and everything, I just decided that now is the time to see my dreams become a reality. We spent many hours in that chemo room discussing my North Forks Cardi baby and how excited I am about this. I can't wait to start blogging about my actual baby when I get him. I'm so ready to get on with my life and I know that we are going to have tons of wonderful adventures together.
A photo with Mystic that I forgot to share with you on Saturday. My hat is from Hollywood Park and was signed by the jockey's down there. I wore it in honor of the Kentucky Derby. 

7 comments:

  1. You deserve your cob! Hope the fundraiser goes swimmingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE my Scentsy. And I was actually thinking about getting one for my sister for her birthday (she's going off to college next fall) so this is perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Feel free to share if you know anyone else who loves their Scentsy (or wants to try one). :)

      Delete
  3. Would you mind if I shared your story and fundraiser on my blog? I think it's fantastic and am definitely going to buy! I didn't think you'd mind, but I also didn't want to be an Internet creeper and just post it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. The more the merrier! Thanks for being willing to share it.

      Delete
  4. I went to Glisan Street Saddlery and she had a cardi poster up and was raving all about him. I can't wait to see how his event goes this weekend, keep us updated!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!