Friday, May 3, 2013

So Blessed

I have had an amazing day, so full of blessings. I got up a little bit earlier than normal because today was take your horse to work day...aka Roz goes to the dentist. I work at a vet school and they needed horses for an advanced dentistry course that was being taught. My surgeon would probably not be happy with me hauling a horse to work less than 2 weeks after my surgery, but lucky for me my boy is a star and didn't cause any trouble.
Posing before loading up. 
We got to work about 20 minutes early and I let him out in one of the paddocks. Roz thought this was a grand adventure and put on a show. Rolling, strutting around, snorting, and generally being a dork. I guess he was excited abour our field trip.




So much for grooming him last night and this morning! 


He got his teeth done in the morning and I took him home on my lunch hour. It sounds like he definitely needed to be done but everything went well. I got lots of nice compliments about how handsome and well behaved he is. He was thrilled to rescued and hopped right in the trailer for our trip home. 
Back in paradise! 
As I was driving back to work I was thinking about how incredibly blessed I am. Too often we see all of the things that we "don't" have or all of the cool things that other people have. But really, how many people in the world own a horse!? It seems so common (to us) and yet really it's not. To have a truck and trailer and be able to take that horse anywhere I want, is awesome. The grass is green, the sun is shining and life just feels great.

Then...my cob got his first things today, as hand-me-downs from April and Pants! She was going to sell this stuff in a tack sale that I was taking items to, but I couldn't pass them up. A weanling halter, fly mask, and a pony sized leather halter. So fun!


Then....my parents and I went out to dinner with my grandparents, for my Grandma's birthday. My mom pulled a card and envelope out of her purse and starts telling us about her boss pulling her aside today to give her a special collection they had taken up for my pony fund!!!! How cool is that!? I was shocked and of course thrilled. We are up to $2600 now. I had another person approach me about doing a Scentsy fundraiser, so if you are a Scentsy person I should have details on that next week. I'm so humbled by how many lovely, generous, thoughtful people are in the world. Amazing! So a big THANK YOU to all of those sweet people. I am beyond excited about this pony and can't wait to share him with all of you. 


With my Birthday Grandma. Consider these photos my official 8 week hair pictures. Yah!  :) 

8 comments:

  1. That is so cool! It gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roz is SUCH a looker! It is always good to count our blessings; most of us are embarrassingly rich with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think he is quite handsome but sometimes I wonder if it's just because I love him. :) And I do agree....we are very very rich.

      Delete
  3. Aw that's so great :) Roz looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He is a handsome dude.

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!