Thursday, June 20, 2013

Change of Plans

I was all set to pick up Roz's Adequan today when I got a call from the vet that they don't have enough on hand, and it's on back order until at least mid August. Hmm....there goes that plan. Then my friend April came to visit with me, who just happens to be a CVT. She asked about trying Legend and I told her the problem with it is that it has to be given either in the joint or IV verses IM with the Adequan. She volunteered to give Roz's Legend injections so we are probably going to try that instead. I'm waiting to hear back from the vet regarding the cost and such but I think we will most likely give it a try. Yah for nice friends and a plan B. I will keep you all posted on the results.

There may also be some big news coming out soon....

5 comments:

  1. The legend runs a little under 100 at the highest. Less if you can buy in bulk. I think around 70. I did a post a while back w the breakdown. It's actually quite easy to give Iv. I bet you can learn no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard rumor that there might be an Adequan shortfall this year. I never knew a horse that got one or the other, just both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can get it all worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know about you but I am SUPER excited for the big news :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giving IV injections is not too hard once you learn. Hope that you guys can find a med that helps Roz! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!