Sunday, June 23, 2013

Introducing....Winterlake Emerald

My dream came true today. I am the new owner of a beautiful 3 day old Welsh Cob filly, named Winterlake Emerald. I have been in contact with Cardi's owner the last few months regarding purchasing a foal. I had my eye on the only purebred cob foal she was expecting. I met the beautiful mare, Chloe, and have been keeping in touch with her. She was due around the 1st of July but she foaled on Thursday! While I was hoping for a bay colt we got a beautiful bay filly instead.

It was torture to not be able to go meet her until today. I felt like a little kid on Christmas. When Tarra and I got down there, we stepped out of the car and said "hi" to Emi. She nickered at us! It's hard to beat a 3 day old foal nickering at your. According to her breeder, she is the most bold and friendly foal she has ever had. She marched right over and let us pet her all over. She'd run laps, come in for pets, and run more laps. We did a short leading lesson with her and then let her go. You could tell she was getting tired so we left her paddock so that she could take a nap. It only took a few minutes before she layed down. We signed paperwork and went to Dairy Queen to celebrate. I am beyond excited about this beautiful girl and I can't wait to bring her home. I am so blessed!

Can you say adorable!?



Isn't her mom beautiful!? 

A leading lesson
So itchy! 
Is that fly mask adorable or what!? 
I love the pink triangle on her chin.
Life is good. Napping after all of the fun!
What are you looking at!?


38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! She really is so cute. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhhh!! So exciting! Congrats! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marissa. I'm on cloud 9. So excited to see where we end up!

      Delete
  3. She is beautiful!!! So very excited and happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is PERFECT!!!! Ahh!! SO much baby cuteness. Congratulations, I know you have been waiting for a very long time for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely keep the adorable baby photos coming. It feels so good to finally have her.

      Delete
  5. She's beautiful! You are so deserving. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Very excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! She is adorable!! Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, so excited for you. I can say from experience Cob babies are the best and so much fun to watch grow and develop. My boy is a June baby too.
    Made my day seeing the breeder's note on Facebook of your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I'm really looking forward to the process. Besides my first pony, which was a POA, I've only ever owned thoroughbreds. I'm looking forward to something different.

      Delete
  10. OMG How ADORABLE! Congrats! I can't wait to watch her grow up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be fun.

      Delete
  11. :) So happy for you!! She is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your beautiful filly! I'm just joining in on your blog and i'm looking forward to reading your future posts.

    I, too, have a new foal (gypsy vanner), she turned two weeks old on Sunday. I live in NH and the breeder in NC so I won't get to see her a lot till she's weaned, but I'm hoping to get a couple visits in. I did get to see her for a couple of days last week, though, so I'm pretty happy.

    Again, congratulations! Good luck with your princess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog! How fun on your gypsy vanner. Do you read this blog? http://adreamcometrue-mystic.blogspot.com/ It's about a 5 year old vanner that my best friend owns. He's a doll!

      It's definitely going to be hard to wait until she is weaned but thankfully they are less than an hour and a half from us, so I do plan to go visit.

      Do you have a blog!? I'd love to see your new baby!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! So excited! I can't wait to watch her grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's going to be a fun ride!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on your beautiful baby! When does the breeder usually wean? Are you close enough to visit often? (Great hair on you, too, BTW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She normally weans around 4 months, so I should get her around the beginning of November. Yes, she lives a little over an hour away from us, so it's not too far. I plan to visit again this weekend. Thank you regarding my hair. It's still weird to see myself with short hair, but it's growing!

      Delete
  15. This is incredibly exciting!!! I am so happy for you. She is adorable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I missed this! Huge, huge congratulations. I know what it's like to want something so bad and how when you finally get it is doesn't even seem real. I can't wait to see more pictures and watch her grow.

    Oh, and what a beautiful registered name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like her name too! It does hardly seem real. I'm looking forward to visiting her again this weekend. Maybe it will sink in a little more.

      Delete
  17. Oh WOW!! Gorgeous. Congrats .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! She is too cute, can't wait to follow along as she grows up :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!