Friday, June 7, 2013

Missing It

I realized tonight that I'm really missing having my own horsey project. Of course I love Roz, but I don't have any real goals with him. Since starting to ride again, I've realized how much I miss having riding/showing goals and working towards that. I'm doing my best to really focus on my riding and fix a few of my bad habits. Once I get my baby bought and paid for, I plan to start taking lessons again. I'm really looking forward to that! I just keep telling myself to be patient.

I rode Gator Wednesday night and Cobie tonight. Sadly, Cobie came up very slightly off when I was riding him tonight. It was sad. He was being awesome and I was really enjoying my ride on him. We walked for about 10 minutes prior to picking up the trot. We started tracking right and trotted for a few minutes before switching to the left. I felt him take a few funny steps and was trying to decide what was going on. Tarra then asked if he seemed lame. I got off and put him on the lunge line so I could watch him go. It was slight but there's definitely something funny going on. I couldn't find anything on his legs, and felt bad giving his owner the bad news. Hopefully it's something very minor and it will resolve on it's own.

6 comments:

  1. Poor Cobie, hope the gets back to 100%.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm hoping it's just something very minor.

      Delete
  2. I went through the same thing when bre didn't hold up to arena work. Luckily the first few years we had miles of trails so I conditioned her eventer style and did lots of two point strength work. Then I had a career Change so moved to her retirement home. I could feel the itch for a project before I graduated and am so happy to have Dickie now. I hope you find lots of catch rides until its baby time! Wish you were closer ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thankfully I have very generous friends and I'm not picky about what I ride. It feels great to be back in the saddle...I'm just looking forward to being back in the saddle on my own horse. :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!