Monday, June 3, 2013

Sunshine and Summertime

Nothing says summer better than a weekend at a horse show! I was out at Inavale most of the day, both Saturday and Sunday. I took lots of pictures! Here's the link. Tarra and Mystic had a great go and won their division. That was fun!

I rode Rozzy Ridge tonight. He got his vaccines on Friday night and I noticed tonight that he has a lump where he was given his rabies shot. It doesn't seem at all painful and he's moving fine. I checked his temperature and it was 100.7...so pretty normal. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on that. We had a lovely walk down the road. On our way back home our neighbors dog came running out to the fence barking. The neighbor commented "that's a calm horse." Why yes he is. :)

Standing by the trailer prior to having his tail washed
Posing for the camera
Such a pretty boy


I also learned this weekend that the USEA does not allow mules to compete at recognized events. I had no idea. If you look through my photos you will see some photos of a mule. He was very good at his job and I think he should be allowed to compete. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. That's not right. The USDF has All-Breed Awards for mules; why would the USEA ban them? Are they afraid the mules would outshine the horses? (I've heard they can be excellent jumpers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most USEF H/J shows also have sanctions against mules, which makes me sad, I really want a mule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fair! Love mules. Want a mule. Mules forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are alot of rules that cause unfair, in my opinion, exclusions. If they, mules and ponies can keep up with the big boys it should be allowed.

    If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near by try picking up Ledum Palustrum, a nasaid (little pellets). This is a holistic remedy that our vet recommended giving to our horses when they get shots. Helps with bug bites too. Just give 6-8 pellets 2x a day for a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Tara and Mystic. You and Roz look great together.
    I think mules should be allowed!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!