Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Beach

Tarra, April, and I got up early this morning and took Roz and Mystic to the beach. We had a blast. It was much better than last time. I kept my cell phone in a ziploc bag, and brought a change of clothes but I didn't end up needing them. Yah! 

Both ponies got right in the water when we walked them down. I had April take a short video clip of Roz trotting when we first started to see how he would look. He honestly feels pretty good. If anything, his front end is doing really well and his hind end is stiff. I'd be interested to hear what other people see.

We played up and down the beach. Roz was ready to go! He thought about goofing off more than once but all I had to do was sit up and tell him no. After we had ridden around for a bit we traded and April hopped on him. He was a good boy for her and she really enjoyed getting to ride. While April rode Roz I snuck a quick ride in on the Mystic pony. That was fun too. It's amazing how different he is from Roz. Roz was ready to GO the whole time. I could tell Mystic was getting tired by the time I got on him and was happy to stop as soon as I quit telling him to go.

I must say I love the go in a thoroughbred. I just wish it came with a little less crazy sometimes! Thankfully Roz has never truly been a crazy. Even when I bought him the first time at 11 years old he was the kind of horse you could grab from the pasture with very little riding and take on a trip, like we did today. I sure do love that boy.

Here are some photos of our fun adventure!

April on Roz, with me on Mystic
Riding Mystic 
Roz getting a rest during a rider switch.  
Cantering down the beach on Roz


Group photo


6 comments:

  1. Roz has SUCH presence! I'm totally jealous of your beach ride. SOMEday I'll get Lance out there, hopefully with a friend or two to ride with. Unfortunately, available friends are a whole lot more scarce than they used to be....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome that y'all get to go to the beach!! Roz looks pretty good to me - maybe stiff in the front (front left?) for the first few steps but really nothing major at all. Then again I'm not even remotely close to a vet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun, totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! I so want to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool :)
    I have left an award for you on my blog. Click this link to see it. http://justagirlandherhorse.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!