Friday, July 26, 2013

10 Years

I have an old photo of Roz that was taken just shortly after I purchased him on July 26th, 2003. When I realized that it had been almost 10 years since that photo was taken, I decided to do a re-take. I cleaned him up last night, tidying up his mane, and clipping his old man whiskers. Tonight I got my mom to help me get that follow up photo.

I cannot believe that much time has gone by. I initially went in thirds on him, with my trainer, and my best friend. We purchased him for $600 ($200 a piece) and re-sold him about 6 months later. He was with his new owner for a couple of years before I purchased him back. I think he still looks fairly comparable to how he looked back then. He was really underwhelmed by the whole photo idea but waited patiently for us to finish. I'm so thankful for the time we've had together and I hope I get 10 more years with him. He had been handed around a lot by the time we got him. Apparently he just hadn't found the right place yet. 


On another note, I rode Tarra's horse, Tolo, tonight. 

I've posted about him before, here. She started him back to work the beginning of July. Tonight was the first time I had been on him since she got him back. He was a super good boy. He's really easy to ride and will make someone very happy. If anyone in the Oregon area is looking for a horse to lease, and possibly purchase, you should contact us! If I didn't already have 2 horses I'd lease him in a heartbeat. Here are a couple photos taken last Sunday. 



 And of course video- http://youtu.be/YYLP5qIji5w

10 comments:

  1. Love this picture. Very cool that you could replicate one. Tolo seems very cool!

    Also your hair is cute! It's gotten so much longer. You look incredibly happy with your old guy and I hope that you guys do get another fabulous 10 years together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like my hair is growing slowly but I look back at photos with Emi when she was first born and I can see how much it's actually growing. I'm getting my first hair cut (post-chemo) in a couple of weeks. It will be nice to get a little bit of shape to it.

      Delete
  2. Except for being slightly shinier in the first picture (which could just be lighting) he looks so good! I wouldn't have been able to guess he's ten years older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah! That's the answer we wanted. I think he was definitely fatter in the photo 10 years ago. He wan't in work when we bought him, he'd just been hanging out in a pasture.

      Delete
  3. He defi looks a lot like the first picture, happy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think he still looks good also. He's not a hard keeper by any means but I do try to keep a close eye on him and manage him well.

      Delete
  4. He is so gorgeous, and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool you could replicate the photo! He looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Maybe we can do it again in another 5 years. That would be fun! :)

      Delete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!