Monday, July 1, 2013

4 Months

I had my 4 month follow up appointment with my Oncologist today. Everything looks good! I found a lump in my right breast a few weeks ago and had a few days of stress over it. I had convinced myself that it was just normal, dense, breast tissue, but wanted that confirmed. She agreed that it felt normal. Yah! I will have a mammogram in another couple of months, since it has been almost a year since my last one.

I will have a bone density test done in a couple of weeks, before starting ovary suppression shots. I will be on those for a couple of years. There are some rare but serious side affects that could happen in the first week or two, so we are trying to it done at least 2 weeks prior to our trip to Ireland. She did also tell us that new research is showing additional benefit for people to stay on tamoxifen for 10 years rather than 5. Thankfully I am doing well on the medication and really don't care if I need to continue taking it. It was nice to have an easy appointment, and I will go back again in October.

"Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. May the Lord be with you always." 2 Thessalonians 3:16

4 comments:

  1. Glad everything is ok! You are in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are very relieved to hear that. Hope that the medication isn't too hard on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear things are going normal!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!