Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life

I rode this handsome boy today. It's been in the 90's here in Oregon, which is pretty darn hot for us. It can be hard to be motivated but since I'm on a pretty tight schedule I have to stay on track to get everything done. I had purchased a myler snaffle a few months ago but then let Tarra borrow it as I wasn't riding Roz much. I reclaimed it today and gave it a try. I felt like he was definitely better in the bridle, and wasn't as heavy as he can be. He also didn't try any bucking at the canter, and he felt good despite his crash on Saturday. The only problem with the new bit is that it has larger rings than my previous bit and I can't adjust my bridle small enough to get it to fit how I'd like. I've sold a ton of tack in the last year and I only have that one bridle for him....so I guess I'm going to be going bridle shopping. 

I don't know if anyone else is allergic to bees, but Saturday late afternoon, when I was loading Roz into the trailer, I felt a sharp stinging down by my ankle. I scraped my hand by it and came away with a stinger. Ouch! I can't even remember the last time I got stung. I went off to the barn and didn't think too much of it. Later that night my ankle started to swell, and itch. I took some benadryl and went to bed. Sunday morning it was even worse and by Sunday night my whole ankle and foot was swollen, hot, itchy, and red. I took more benadryl and hoped that I would wake up fine in the morning....but of course it wasn't. It was even worse come Monday morning so I went to Immediate Care on my lunch. They prescribed prednisone and said that I may end up needing to carry an epi pen, depending on future reactions It's slowly improving and I was glad to be able to squash my fat foot in my riding boots tonight. Where there's a will there's a way! I'm hopeful that I won't react so strongly next time....

The rest of the week is going to be busy. I got an email this morning that I can ride Cobie from Wednesday through Monday night. So tomorrow night I've got Gator and Cobie. Thursday I will ride Roz. Friday I'm supposed to be riding Mystic/Tolo with Tarra, and may ride Cobie as well. Saturday will be Gator and Cobie, Sunday Roz and Cobie, and probably Cobie on Monday also. So many horses to ride and so little time! It's definitely not a bad problem to have. 



4 comments:

  1. Yeek. I am not allergic to bees but my mom is (as well as pretty much everything else in the world) and epipens are not fun. At least you know now though. Have fun with all of your rides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Me too! He always keeps me entertained.

      Delete
  3. Im allergic to bees too!! Its not fun.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!