Tuesday, August 20, 2013

2 Months

Emi is two months old today! I can't believe it. She is growing so fast. Tomorrow she is supposed to be part of a photo shoot for a website! I can't wait to see the photos from that. She is now halfway to weaning and will be coming home before I know it. Once we return from Ireland my next plan is to get going on "baby proofing" the paddock she will share with Roz. I wouldn't consider it unsafe now but I've definitely have a few changes I want to make, along with just getting it ready for winter. 

I rode Roz on Saturday and we jumped for the first time in about 18 months. I wasn't sure how he would be, and told Tarra if he stopped at the fences, I'd take that as a no.  Wouldn't you know the wild child launched over that giant 1ft fence every time! He was a total nut. Umm...apparently he missed it. Now I've got to get him listening again. I'd ask him to wait and he would take off a couple strides out, regardless of my input.  I foresee lots of cross rail trotting in his future.  It was fun to be jumping with him a little bit.  I definitely don't see us going back to jumping fences of any size but I think the variety would be good for him. I'm so blessed to have that good boy.

An old photo of us jumping- (5 years ago?)


2 comments:

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!