Saturday, September 21, 2013

3 Months

I hung out with 3 month old Emi today. She is doing fantastic. I groomed her really well today and she loved it. She's not ticklish at all. She continues to shed and I love her dark rich color. She still has the darker spot over her rump. It will be interesting to see what that does when she sheds out in the spring. Her mane is getting a little longer and I think I will be able to tame it over to the right. Chloe has a fairly thin mane but Cindy said Cardi's is super thick. I'd love for her to have an easy thin mane and a nice thick tail. I can hope, right!?




Haltering her does continue to get easier and she is leading pretty well. We even practiced leading from the off side today and it was easy. We were taking some photos and Cindy threw her glove to get Emi's ears up. Well her ears went right up, but she stepped off almost immediately to go check out what was thrown. That was cute! She picked it up in her mouth and waved it around. Then Cindy stuck it through the ring on her halter to get her used to what it will be like to wear a ribbon. It was no big deal. 

5 comments:

  1. That third photo is a great shot of your beautiful filly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she is growing up nicely.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! It's amazing how fast she is growing.

      Delete
  3. Love love love watching them grow up! That's too cute about the glove, they are inquisitive little things. She is going to be colored just like her daddy, look at that baby coat shedding out dark!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to know that you are reading along!